Paradise Hospital, Inc., is a for-profit hospital. As the facility’s new hospital administrator, you have been tasked with improving the service value of the hospital. The administration has not done this process since the hospital began operating in the year 1995. The investors are not familiar with the value proposition strategies of hospitals in current-day America.
Note: You may create or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
- Articulate the meaning of value-added service as it pertains to patient care services, and argue the major reasons why it matters to add value to patient services. Justify your response.
- Outline a system for identifying the functional areas in which changes might be necessary in order to improve the hospital’s service value. Recommend the key methods that you would use to acquire the information necessary to identify the specified functional areas.
- Specify four specific areas where you believe the administration can add value in Paradise Hospital, and argue the most significant reasons why such a value proposition would improve the value of services to the patients.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find four recent (within the last five years) quality academic resources for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Follow APA or school-specific format for citations and references. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose areas where a hospital can add value to patient services.