In this unit, you have been learning about marketing procedures in healthcare organizations. This assignment will give you an opportunity to reflect on what you have learned and offer your own thoughts about the unit material.
Your reflection paper should cover the following topics:
- Do you believe that creating and implementing a marketing plan for a healthcare organization is important? Why, or why not?
- Think about your own healthcare facility or one in your community. What do you think would be an effective marketing message for the healthcare facility’s target market?
- Thinking about that same facility, what are two marketing vehicles that may be appropriate for it?
- Do you believe that this unit has helped you learn more about marketing procedures in healthcare organizations? Why, or why not?
Your reflection paper should consist of at least one page with no APA formatting required
By the end of this course, you will need to prepare and submit a management action plan (MAP) addressing a specific healthcare problem or scenario. This can be either a “real world” management problem within your own healthcare organization or a scenario from the list in the Unit II Project Topic assignment.
Click here to view an example of a completed MAP
Please include documentation of all six steps shown below in your submission of the MAP assignment.
- Clarify the Problem or Opportunity for Improvement (OFI)
Clearly describe the problem or OFI that you have selected for your MAP. Why is it important to resolve this problem right now? What are the consequences of not resolving this problem right now?
- Clarify your Measurable Goal
Clearly describe the desired outcome from your MAP implementation. What are you trying to accomplish? How will successful MAP implementation be measured and assessed? What realistic constraints do you have as you begin creation of your plan? Consider limits on time, money, and other resources that are specific to your MAP.
- Prepare a List of Possible Actions
Consider possible root causes of the OFI. Why do you believe the problem exists? Brainstorm and present a list of all possible actions that you may need to take in order to achieve your MAP goal. At this stage, focus on generating as many different options and ideas as possible. It is likely that not all of your ideas will make it into your final MAP. Write down your ideas just as they come to your mind, trying not to judge or analyze them at this stage.
In your brainstorming, be sure to consider ideas* involving the following:
- clinical performance,
- clinical support services,
- knowledge management,
- human resources,
- financial management,
- internal consulting, and
- *It is understood that some of these areas may not apply to your particular MAP, but all areas should at least be considered in this process.
- Organize your Key Action Steps into a Management Action Plan
Decide on the sequencing of your key action steps. For each key action step, what other steps must be completed before that specific action can be taken? Rearrange your key action steps into a sequence of ordered activity. Then, look at your plan once again. Are there any ways to simplify the plan further before presenting it?
For each key action step, assign a responsible party or group within your organization (by position, department, or team name, not by individual name), and assign a suspense date by which the key action step must be completed. Then, based upon all of your key action steps and their suspense dates, provide a realistic completion date for the entire MAP.
- Measurement and Monitoring
Now, explain in detail how you will measure the success of your MAP following implementation and how you will monitor ongoing performance to prevent regression and loss of the positive change that has taken place.
Your plan should consist of no less than four pages, and any outside sources should be cited and referenced using APA formatting.