To prepare for this section of the Course Project:
- Review the Olson (2016) web link (located in this week’s Learning Resources). Reflect on the steps and how the steps apply to advocacy work and policy formation.
- Consider existing policies that impact the public health issue you selected in Week 1. For instance, if you have identified tobacco use as an issue within your community, think about community policies that would curtail tobacco use such as tobacco-free zones and high taxes on tobacco products.
- View the media titled “Improving Public Health Policy.” Think about new policies that might be enacted to address your selected public health issue. These policies must be able to be implemented. Do not suggest, for instance, that smoking should be made entirely illegal.
- Identify at least three potential stakeholders in the development and passage of ideas for health policy change within your communit
- health policy change within your community.
Week 2 Course Project: Health Policies (1–2 pages)
To complete this section of your Course Project, address the following:
- Describe at least two existing policies that impact your selected public health issue. Explain whether these existing policies are adequate or need to be revised based on their strengths and limitations, and why.
- Describe either new policies or policy revisions that you consider important for addressing your selected public health issue and explain why.
- Describe at least three potential stakeholders in the development and passage of ideas for public health policy change within your community and explain why their role is important.
Support your Project with specific references to all resources used in its preparation in APA format. You are asked to provide in-text citations and a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.