Create a research question for a study that will help fill a gap and provide benefits in a field.
You are a first-year graduate student. You are taking a graduate course on research and writing. In this assignment, your professor has asked that you create a research question for a topic you are interested in and that you also perform an initial literature review.
In a paper, do the following:
- Explain the research question you would like to pursue and why you chose it. It should be researchable, feasible to pursue in the time span of a school term, and of interest to you.
- Explain what type of research will be most appropriate to answer your research question.
- Perform a literature review to help identify how your research study will contribute to current knowledge about the topic. Include at least ten (10) scholarly sources from the last five years that are relevant to your research question. In your literature review, you should analyze the content of the articles reviewed, compare findings in different articles, and integrate the literature into an organized discussion.
For assistance on a writing literature review, please visit the Rasmussen College Answers page.
Library databases such as the following are great resources for this project:
- Health Sciences
Another database that you may be interested in knowing about is ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. You can view original research, view research design, data gathering techniques, etc.
1. Clear and thorough explanation of research question and why it was selected, its feasibility, and interest to student.
2. Clear and thorough identification of the type of research that will be most appropriate to answer the research question.
3.Literature review includes at least ten scholarly sources from the last five years that are relevant to the research question.
4.Clear and thorough analysis of the content of the articles reviewed, with basic comparisons of findings in different articles.
5.Exceptional evidence of integrating the literature into an organized discussion.
6.No errors or omissions in APA formatting.
No spelling nor grammar errors.