Make sure to cover all of the following points in your discussion:
- Discuss what is meant by the phrase, “Correlation does not imply causality.”
- Compare correlation and regression to other types of “causal” statistical techniques.
- Provide real-world examples where a correlation would be useful and where a correlation would be inadequate and inappropriate.
- Look up a research article from a reputable conference proceeding that uses correlation in its research.
- Summarize that article, its methodology, and the results, and state whether you think using correlation as a statistical technique was useful and meaningful in that research.