Using as refernces:
Title: Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
Edition: 13th (2019) Author: DeCenzo, Robbins and Verhulst
Book ISBN: 978-1-119-49518-5
Chapter 14: “Understanding Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining”
and any other evidence-based research, scholarly articles, and well-supported strategies that support your work.
Instructions: Imagine you are the Human Resources Manager and you are asked to create a presentation on three pieces of legislation that have been most important in defining the rights of management and unions. How many slides do you think you will need?*
- What is a union and why do they exist?
- Explain the three pieces of legislation that have been most important in defining the rights of management and unions.
- What is the process for establishing a union as the legal collective bargaining representative for employees?
- Describe the collective-bargaining process and how it differs for private sector and public sector employees.
- Summarize the ways unions differ globally.
- Research a strike in the news from the last three years and summarize it. What human resource management policies and programs were evaluated, planned, and implemented to comply with federal and state standards and regulations?
You need to create a PowerPoint presentation for a Board of Directors (10–12 slides; speaker notes as needed to support assertions). Keep slides in the order of the questions given.