Please review the assignment instructions below and begin by selecting your topic. Since this is a course project, it is expected that you will start working on the project early on in the course in order to submit it in Unit VII. Please contact your instructor if you have any questions regarding the assignment.
The course project must include at least the following sections; you may want to include others if you deem them appropriate:
- Challenges and Problems (associated with your topic)
- Review of the Literature
- Critical Analysis of Challenges/Problems
- Recommended Solutions
- Implementation of Solutions
- Justification of Solutions
Some possible course project topics for your consideration are listed below:
- Managed care impacts on healthcare finance
- Hospital ownership types and impacts on healthcare finance
- Presenting hospital financial statements
- Strategic financial planning for healthcare organizations
- Financial management of home health care
- Financial management of ambulatory surgery
- Financial management of clinics
- Financial management of physician practices
- Flexible budgeting for healthcare organizations
- Capital budgeting for healthcare organizations
- Information management for healthcare organizations
- Principles and practices for hospital auditing
The course project must be seven to ten pages, double-spaced, not counting the cover page and the references pages. You must use at least five outside sources for your course project beyond the course textbook. At least one reference must come directly from the CSU Online Library. Web resources and professional journal articles will be key sources in researching your topic.
All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.