For this assessment, you will create a 5–7-page high-level teaching plan in which you do the following:
- Select a topic for a course that you would like to teach in an educational environment. (For example, maybe you would like to be a nursing instructor in an institution of higher learning, a staff development educator in a clinical facility, or a patient educator in a hospital.) Briefly describe your course and the environment that you will utilize for teaching. Also describe the intended audience for your course.
- Select an educational theory that you could use to guide the development of your course. Describe the key points of the theory you selected and explain why you think this theory fits the topic, audience, and context of your course.
- Be sure to cite textbooks or articles from peer-reviewed journals to support your choice.
- Identify and discuss potential diversity in the group that you anticipate teaching. (Diversity can include multiculturalism, age, gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, Limited English Proficiency (LEP), or other cultural barriers that you feel could impact your learning environment.)
- Use current research to describe how you will address these issues in your learning environment.
- Describe how you will manage conflict in the classroom that may arise from the anticipated diversity among learners.
- Format: 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, double-spaced in Microsoft Word.
- Length: 5–7 pages, plus a title page and a references page.
- Use correct APA format, including running head, page numbers, and a title page.
- Writing should be free of grammar and spelling errors that distract from content.