See Data attached,
2 pg critique 2 pages not including title & ref page min 3 APA
Earlier this week, you practiced using ANCOVA models with SPSS and, ideally, used the Collaboration Lab to ask, answer, and otherwise address any questions you had. In this Assignment, you apply what you learned to answer a social research question using ANCOVA. Hopefully you are not yet tired of comparing means!
- Review the datasets provided.(ATTACHED)
- Construct a research question based on one of those datasets.
- Pay attention to the assumptions of this test, and ask, “Does it make sense to interpret the mean of this dependent variable?”
The Assignment #1
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Then, compose a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis in APA format in which you answer the following questions:
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design(s) would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- What is your covariate?
- What is the answer to your research question?
- What are the possible implications of social change?
Be sure to include your data output with your analysis. for an excellent APA-compliant write-up of an ANCOVA.
Assignment 2: Article Critique
The practice of quantitative research not only involves statistical calculations and formulas but also involves the understanding of statistical techniques related to real-world applications. You might not become a quantitative researcher nor use statistical methods in your profession but as a consumer, citizen, and scholar-practitioner, it will be important for you to become a critical consumer of research, which will empower you to read, interpret, and evaluate the strength of claims made in scholarly material and daily news.
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to ANCOVA.
- Search the Library for a quantitative article that applies ANCOVA.
The Assignment # 2
Write a 2-page critique of the research you found in the Library that includes responses to the following prompts:
- Why did the authors select ANCOVA in the research?
- Do you think this test was the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
- Did the authors display the results in a figure or table?
- Does the results table stand alone? In other words, are you able to interpret the study from it? Why or why not?
- (NOTES FROM PROFESSOR)
This week we look at the combination of numeric and categorical independent variables in a regression model. It gets a special name (ANCOVA) but is in fact very common. I won’t give my video on this since I use only the OLS regression procedure–this can actually be done easier using GLM. The most important thing to remember is that the categorical variable require leaving one out as a reference category and the beta coefficients are not slopes but adjustments to the intercept.