The purpose of this paper is to examine an issue facing the health of Canadians, and as a result, affects the Canadian nursing profession today. You will choose a topic and provide background information and discuss the ramifications to the health of Canadians and to the nursing profession.
The purpose of this paper is to examine an issue facing the health of Canadians, and as a result, affects the Canadian nursing profession today. You will choose a topic andexplore the topic by applying it to a scenario, case study or current event and critically analyze and discuss the ramifications to the health of Canadians and to the nursing profession. The scenario/case study/current event may come from a personal or professional experience, be derived from the literature, including the newspaper or scholarly journals. You are to critically analyze and examine the topic and discuss the relevance to nursing within a Canadian context. Conclude by identifying gaps in knowledge relating to nursing practice, research, and/or policy. Throughout the paper, you are to integrate at least 3 current and well-chosen scholarly references related to your topic. Use only primary sources for the literature support. APA format and referencing are required.
Suggested Outline for Paper:
• Identifies the issue (~1/2 pg)
• Identify and clearly explain the issue briefly.
• Discuss the relevance to the health of Canadians and to the nursing profession.
• Background and scenario/case study/current event (~1-2 pg)
• Provide background on the issue and its relevance.
• Clearly articulate topic in the introduction and logically link to the scenario, case study, or current event.
• Describe the scenario, case study, or current event early in the paper to provide to provide context for the analysis.
• For Canadian Data – see ONA, CNA, RNAO policy documents as a starting place.
• Clearly articulate nursing’s stance and priorities, which may be the same or differ from your own
• Identify various stakeholders’ stance and priorities (identify and discuss max 2 main stakeholders)
• Critical Analysis)
• Discuss and examine points of congruence or divergence
• What are the gaps
• What actions have nurses taken or what actions should nurse take?
• Conclusion/implications to nursing (~1/2-1 pg)
• Discuss implications to nursing practice, policy, and/or research.
• What are the next steps?
Criteria for Paper:
• A well planned format including introduction, thesis, analysis, and conclusion.
• Written clearly, logically and coherently with close attention paid to correct English grammar and spelling. This will count for 5% of the marks in each paper.
• Papers should be typed, double-spaced, using 12-point font, have 1″ (2.5 cm) margins on all sides and be on 8.5 x 11″ (letter sized) white paper. The paper should include a cover page with a title, your name, student number, course name and number, professor’s name and date. Each paper should include a reference list of all references used for the paper and adhere to APA style 6thEdition.
• Papers must be within the page limit (not more than 5 pages).