Step 1: Step 1: Choose the case from the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Conduct a comprehensive secondary assessment of this patient and outline the systems assessments using the systems framework.
CNS/ CVS/ RESP/ ABDO/ RENAL/ Other. Not all information for the case will be provided. You need to research what assessments might be important here and include these. For example blood tests or other diagnostic tests and present what these tests may show. You may add data as needed. Eg chest inspection showed decreased air entry in left chest. This section may not need extensive referencing as it is the assessments needed.
Step 3: Identify the main priorities of treatment for this case. Usually only 3-4 priorities will be needed and these need to be explained with appropriate references and evidenced based practice. In this section you will identify the RN responsibilities for care and how these will support the management of this case.
Step 4: Outline and discuss appropriate discharge planning for this patient that aligns with the social justice framework and the principles of equity, rights and access for the case.
- Make sure you draw on best available evidence to support your assessment. Journal articles must be no older than 5 years old. Textbooks no older than 7 years old.
- Referencing correctly is an easy way to secure marks. Make sure you reference from credible journals that are related to the topic
- Draft safe assign is set up for you to use so you can check the writing and referencing in your assessment.
- This is an academic essay written in academic language: use third person, do not use ‘I’
- Make sure you use correct terminology within your assessment and only acceptable abbreviations.
The case study assignment is an Individual Assessment Item. You may work collaboratively with other students to understand concepts in this course, but your answers must be your individual research, interpretation and application of the materials.