Student are expected to use the Clinical Reasoning Cycle (Levett-Jones, 2018) as a framework to plan and evaluate person-centred care. You are being asked to think through the case scenario and then discuss how data was collected and the type of data collected, identify problems and nursing issues, identify and state the objectives and discuss how care was provided in order to address the issues and evaluate the interventions carried out: (analyse and identify a nursing issues/problems/needs, set objectives, discuss the nursing interventions and evaluate the interventions of care carried out). As per lecture notes, students are expected to apply the clinical reasoning cycle to address the case scenario:
• Consider the person’s situation
• Collect, process and present related health information
• Identify and prioritise at least three (3) nursing problems/issues based on the health assessment data that you have identified for the person at the centre of care.
• Establish goals for priority of nursing care related to the nursing problem/issues identified
• Discuss the nursing care of the person; link it to assessment data and history.
• Evaluate your nursing care strategies to justify the nursing care provided
• Reflect on the person’s outcomes